Running the project Installation of the Lithuanian Integral Museum Information System (LIMIS) in Lithuanian museums funded both from EU regional development fund according to the measure Nr. VP2-3.1-IVPK-04-V Lithuanian Culture in the Information Society under the priority Information Society for Everybody of the Operational Programme for Economic Growth in 2007-2013, and also from the budget of the Republic of Lithuania, state budget institution Lithuanian Art Museum bought services for development and installation of information system LIMIS in Lithuanian museums and other related services (purchase agreement No. 85792). These services are provided by a group of economic agents functioning under the joint activity agreement and consisting of JSC Alna Software, JSC Sintagma, and JSC Webmedia. In 2010-2012 this group developed and installed the Lithuanian Integral Museum Information System in Lithuanian museums.
Results and rights acquired while executing the above mentioned purchase agreement including economic rights and other intellectual or industrial property rights (except moral rights) are the property of the Lithuanian Art Museum; it can use, publish, and transfer it the way it considers appropriate without any geographical or other limitations.
LIMIS was developed in pursuance of laws on restrictions on the use of information and on document administration:
- Requirements for classified information processing (Official Gazette, 2005, No. 143-5193);
- Regulations on managing and using international and national classifiers in state registries and information systems (Official Gazette, 2005, No.32-1047);
- A list of standards and normative documents regarding creation and preservation of, and access to digital content (Official Gazette, 2010, No. 8-379);
- Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (Official Journal, L 281 , 23/11/1995 P. 0031 - 0050);
- Law on the right of the Republic of Lithuania to obtain information from state and municipal institutions (Official Gazette, 2005, No. 139-5008);
- Law on personal data protection of the Republic of Lithuania (Official Gazette, 1996, No. 63-1479; 2008, Nr. 22-804);
- Law on State and Office Secrets of the Republic of Lithuania (Official Gazette, 1999, No. 105-3019; 2004, No. 4-29);
- Law on copyright and related rights of the Republic of Lithuania (Official Gazette, 1999, No. 50-1598, 2003, No. 28-1125);
- General security requirements for state information systems regarding electronic information (Official Gazette, 1997, No. 83-2075; 2007, No. 49-1891);
- Document Security Guidelines (Official Gazette, 2007, No. 53-2070);
- Guidelines for classifying electronic information on the information systems of state institutions and Security requirements regarding electronic information on the information systems of state institutions (Official Gazette, 2007, No. 78-3160).
All the information available on LIMIS system is strictly forbidden to be distributed or used by any person under any jurisdiction or in any country where such actions would be against law.
The author of the material presented on the system is Lithuanian museums. Property rights, copyright, trademark rights and other intellectual property rights as related to LIMIS content belong to Lithuanian museums if it is not indicated that such rights are held by a third party.
System users can view and print the material but only for personal and non-commercial use. It is forbidden to copy, save, remake, adapt, transfer or in any other way use the content or part of it without a prior written consent issued by Lithuanian museums and the Lithuanian Art Museum as the owner and administrator of LIMIS.
Updated on 06/30/20